Beneath the Borderlands
Range: Referee’s discretion (according to symbol)
Duration: Varies (depends upon symbol used)
Level: C7, M8
A symbol spell creates a deadly magical trap, written into the shape of an arcane rune. The rune’s magic is activated when any person or creature hostile to the caster reads it, or passes over, under, or past it. Various different runes are known, and others may be possible:
- Symbol of Death: Deals 80 hit points of damage
- Symbol of Discord: Causes all creatures in the hostile group to begin arguing, and possibly fighting amongst themselves with lethal intent.
- Symbol of Fear: Casts a Fear spell.
- Symbol of Insanity: Up to 100 HD of creatures are driven insane by a curse.
- Symbol of Sleep: Casts a Sleep spell affecting double the normal number of creatures and with double the normal duration.
- Symbol of Stunning: 150 hit dice (HD) of creatures are affected as per a Power Word, Stun.